Medical assistants provide medical office administrative services and perform clinical duties. This diploma program includes instruction in basic anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, medical law ethics, patient psychology and communications, medical office procedures, clinical examination testing and treatment procedures.
- Is Medical Assisting for you?
- Articles about the profession
- What is a CMA (AAMA)?
- Why become certified?
- Advantages of the CMA (AAMA) credential
- CMA Exam Candidate Application & Handbook (2013-14)
Medical Assistants are expected to be one of the fastest growing occupations through 2016. Graduates of the diploma program are eligible to sit for the national CMA-AAMA (Certified Medical Assistant) examination.
What/Where the jobs are
Medical offices and hospitals.
- Student Checklist for MA Program Acceptance
- Medical Assistant Program Application
- Medical Assistant Program Requirements
- Medical Assistant Program Curriculum
- Medical Assistant Program Costs
- Mandatory Reporter Trainings – Includes both Child Abuse Reporting and Dependent Adult Abuse Reporting classes. Registration/payment deadline is Jan. 3; class is Jan. 8.
- Child Abuse Mandatory Reporting Class – Registration/payment deadlines are Jan. 3 and Feb. 18; classes are Jan. 8 and Feb. 25.
- Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporting Class (November 2013) – Registration/payment deadlines are Nov. 4 & 11; classes are Nov. 11 and Nov. 20.
- Dependent Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporting Class (January & February 2014) – Registration/payment deadlines are Jan. 3 and Feb. 11; classes are Jan. 8 and Feb. 18.
- Physical Form
- Immunization Form
Dee Lynk, Program Coordinator/Instructor
Amber Perkins, Medical Assisting Advisor
Our Admissions Office staff can be reached by calling 641-648-4611 or 1-800-322-9235 or emailing email@example.com. We look forward to visiting with you!