Medical assistants provide medical office administrative services and perform clinical duties. This diploma program includes instruction in basic anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, medical law ethics, patient psychology and communications, medical office procedures, clinical examination testing and treatment procedures.
- Am I cut out for Medical Assisting?
- "Tricks of the Trade School" Today Show video on Medical Assisting
- Articles about the profession
- What is a CMA (AAMA)?
- Why become certified?
- Advantages of the CMA (AAMA) credential
- CMA Exam Candidate Application & Handbook (2013-14)
Medical Assistants are expected to be one of the fastest growing occupations through 2016. Graduates of the diploma program are eligible to sit for the national CMA-AAMA (Certified Medical Assistant) examination.
What/Where the jobs are
Medical offices and hospitals.
- Student Checklist for MA Program Acceptance
- Medical Assistant Program Application
- Medical Assistant Program Requirements
- Medical Assistant Program Curriculum
- Medical Assistant Program Costs
- Mandatory Reporter (Dependent Adult Abuse) Trainings – Registration/payment deadline is Aug. 6, 2014; Iowa Falls class is Aug. 13, 2014. Classes also in Marshalltown Aug. 21, Sept. 30 and Oct. 27.
- Mandatory Reporter (Child Abuse) Trainings – Registration/payment deadline is Aug. 6, 2014; Iowa Falls class is Aug. 13, 2014. Classes also in Marshalltown Aug. 21, Sept. 23 and Oct. 16.
- CPR/AED Training – Registration/payment deadline is Aug. 11, 2014; class is Aug. 12, 2014.
- Physical Form
- Immunization Form
Dee Lynk, Program Coordinator/Instructor
Amber Perkins, Medical Assisting Advisor
Our Admissions Office staff can be reached by calling 641-648-4611 or 1-800-322-9235 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to visiting with you!