ECC Football signs 18 high school players
Head Coach Josh Lattimer announced today that Ellsworth Community College’s football program has signed 18 new recruits so far, including 14 from Iowa.
Iowa high school athletes who have committed to play football at ECC this fall include:
- Aplington-Parkersburg – Hunter Carmichael (RB).
- Dyersville (Beckman Catholic) – Brian Steffensmeier (OL).
- Cedar Falls – Dakoda Pepperling (DT).
- Clarksville – Dalton Ciavarelli (RB/DB).
- Des Moines East – Derico Lowery (DT) and Jamal Lowery (WR).
- Des Moines North – Corbin Mitchell (OL).
- Des Moines Roosevelt – Larenz Abston (DE/LB) and Ashton Bell (DT).
- Dubuque Hempstead – Brad Hennen (P/DB).
- Ida Grove (OABCIG) – Trever Ryen (RB).
- Marshalltown – Pedro Gomez (DT) and Brandon Pettigrew (WR).
- Vinton Shellsburg -- Chris Merchant (RB).
Out-of-state recruits include Marquis Lloyd-Dawson (OL) of Fort Lauderdale (Stranahan HS) FL; Aramis Jones (DT) of St. Louis (McCluer North), MO; Devonte Rodgers (LB) of St. Louis (McCluer HS), MO; and Deandre Mayes (DT) of Paducah (Tilghman HS), KY.
“I am excited about the players we have coming here to Ellsworth joining with the veterans who are already here!” says Coach Lattimer. “We are trying to build a championship caliber team. I feel good about our in-state signees, and I’m looking forward to signing several more in the next couple of weeks. We also have some very talented out-of-state recruits in the process of making a decision soon.”