Iowa Valley Continuing Education offers a variety of continuing education courses for health-related professions. Nurses, general and limited practice radiographers, medical office assistants, dietitians, dentists, dental hygienists, dental assistants, respiratory therapists, nursing home administrators, department heads in long-term care, activity coordinators, and substance abuse counselors will all find opportunities for professional development throughout the year.
Ongoing Information Links
Current classes, seminars, ICN classes, workshops, CEU opportunities, and other health profession staff development opportunities are included in the EdVenture catalog, which is available online.
If you have additional questions related to any courses for these professions please call Cheryl Little, Iowa Valley Continuing Education Director, Health Education at 641-844-5623, or email Cheryl.Little@iavalley.edu.
Cheryl Little is a registered nurse with previous experience in occupational health, hospital/acute care, and long-term care. Cheryl is an active board member of the Iowa Association of Nursing Continuing Education.
- Child Abuse for Mandatory Reporters, 2015
- Child & Adult Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training - Home Study 2014
- Dependent Adult Abuse for Mandatory Reporters, 2015
- Infection Control and OSHA Regulations for the Dental Practice, April 15, 2015
- Infectious Diseases in Today's World Traveler for the Dental Professional, April 15, 2015
- Legal Aspects of Documentation In Healthcare, Feb. 2, 2015
- Management of the Critically Ill Patient, Spring 2015
Play Therapy Series, 2015
- Play Therapy: Introduction to Non-Directive Play Therapy, Jan. 2015
- Play Therapy: Diagnosing Childhood Disorders through Play Therapy Techniques, Feb. 26-27, 2015
- Play Therapy: Multicultural Aspects of Play Therapy, Feb. 28, 2015
- Play Therapy: Advanced Skills of Play Therapy, March 2015
- Play Therapy: Introduction to Sand Tray Therapy, April 2015
- Supervising in Health Care Facilities, Feb. 2015